Thursday, May 29, 2008

Band.

When I was in 8th grade, my decision to join high school band was firmly set on no but at the end of the year, I caved in and joined. Now, I'm not going to say that I loved every minute of it because I didn't. Our first teacher was a dick and our present teacher is a stubborn oasis of stink, whine, and bitchiness, I hate the stupid hats, I hate marching down the street in 90+ degree weather in wool, I hate how loudly my piccolo echos in my plastic Q-tip hat, I hate the 4 am call times, I hate the last minute concerts, I hate the stupid tuxedo shirt and cumber bund/ bowtie, I hate how dirty my flute gets, I hate Stuart, I hate not being taken seriously as a section leader, I hate the mosquitos at practice, I hate marching on the track, and I hate the colorguard(well the freshman atleast). However, Band is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Without it, I don't know what I would have done these past four years. I don't know what I'm going to do now that it's officially over. I can't imagine my life without it, and that's super nerdy. I love the relationships and friendships I have gained from participating in the John Swett band program and even if I won't be playing with those people anymore, they will always be in my heart. Forever. We're a family and I'm so happy I stuck with it.
I'm lame.
Atleast I didn't cry at the last concert like I cried at the last competition.
Shiiit.



adieu,
Nikki.

No comments: