Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Chemical Romance

Yesterday, I attended the My Chemical Romance concert at the Warfield in San Francisco.
As we were beginning our tortuous wait in line, an angry street dweller was being rather rude to everyone and called myself and the rest of the line retards. When he finally left, he called us all rejects. Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is because last time I checked I had a home to live in and I didn't wet myself on a street corner..But that's just me.
Anway, it got to being around 5:30 pm and my mother showed up because she was also attending the concert. Does that seem weird to you? Well let me explain, my mother puts up with the music I listen to on a daily basis and it just so happens that she really likes My Chemical Romance so as I was using her credit card to order the tickets, she and my sister got 2 balcony tickets while myself and 2 of my friends got pit tickets.
The doors opened at 6:30 pm and that was the last that I saw of my mother and sister until after the show. I said, "Bye mom, bye pooh! love you!" and disappeared through the doors to the floor. Drive By did well, Billy Talent did well, and then there was My Chem..
If you don't like them, i respect your opinion but strongly disagree with it. They are one of the best live bands I've ever seen and I have seen many bands including The Smashing Pumpkins (I'm not complaining or bad talking their show whatsoever, I'm simply showing my range of artists I have seen). As a frontman, Gerard Way is perfect. Bob, Frank, Ray, and Mikey are perfect as musicians. They as a band, are perfect.
Their energy is impeccable and their sound is great.
They give me hope for music today, they give me hope for myself.
I'm rambling, but if you were there you would understand.

That's it..
You should see them once in your life.
Even if you don't like them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw them January 2007, without Frank.
In a venue with 2000 people.
And it was AMAZING.

And I saw them in November 2007.
With Frank.
In a venue with about 10,000 people.
The best night of my life, no joke.

They just absolutly amaze me. I agree totally, they are perfect.
Second time, the encore was Desert Song, then FLW...
Absolute perfection.
And Gerard is without a doubt THE BEST frontman I've ever seen.

Yeah, so basically, I agree with everything you've just said.
=)

Morgan Elaine said...

i am sooo glad we did this :)